شما عضو این انجمن نبوده یا وارد نشده اید. لطفا برای مشاهده کامل انجمن و استفاده از آن وارد شوید یا ثبت نام کنید .

امتیاز موضوع:
  • 10 رأی - میانگین امتیازات: 2.1

[-]
کلمات کلیدی
netminder pposing

pposing netminder
Ted Ligety was looking to add more hardware to his collection this season. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. Just not this kind of hardware.The two-time Olympic gold medallist had four metal screws inserted into his left wrist as a result of a skiing mishap in a training session on Nov 22.Now, hes showing his mettle by racing in the World Cup downhill, super-G and giant slalom races this weekend in Beaver Creek, Colorado. Thats the current plan, anyway, despite a wrist thats still so tender he can barely push out of the start gate.Thats my job, to be out there skiing, no matter what, said the 30-year-old from Park City, Utah, who finished 3.73 seconds behind the top time of Norways Kjetil Jansrud in a downhill training session Tuesday. I wouldnt miss this for the world.If I can do this relatively safe, then Im going to be out there to push it.Ligety has had his fair share of broken wrists throughout his career. But this one topped the list as far as pain. He was practicing in Vail, Colorado, when he essentially hooked his hand on a gate, breaking bones in his wrist and tearing ligaments.It was straight to surgery.Just easier and faster to pin it all together, recovery-wise, he said.Following the procedure, Ligety took two days off and then returned to the hill. He trained without a ski pole — he couldnt hold one with his left hand — and said that has actually improved his balance.Ligety skipped the races in Lake Louise, Alberta, last weekend, to give the wrist more time to mend and to squeeze in some extra sessions in the giant slalom, the event he won at the Sochi Olympics.Every day my wrist feels better and better, said Ligety, who also captured gold in the combined at the 2006 Turin Olympics.The plan is to leave the screws in for the season and then remove them.Ligetys not the only big name on the mens team banged up. Six-time Olympic medallist Bode Miller had back surgery last month and will be sidelined until at least January.Thats just the nature of skiing. Its hard to stay fully healthy, Ligety said. It will be good to have Bode back healthy and pushing it, since his back has been bothering him for a while.Ligety said his injury couldve been much worse. But he was wearing a pair of gloves he helped design, along with U.S. Ski Team physician Dr. Randy Viola. They fortified racing gloves in vulnerable spots, using a material designed to harden upon impact.Saved me from getting completely smashed up, said Ligety.As for possibly doing even more damage to the wrist by competing, Ligety said thats not a concern.Once you get four screws put in there, its pretty locked down, Ligety said. Were not concerned about any further damage, other than smashing it on a gate, which would hurt it anyway. Once you have screws in there, its just waiting until the swelling comes down and the strength to come back. Ive kind of had the pain go away a little bit.Beaver Creek is one venue that Ligety doesnt want to skip, especially since hes always been so good on this hill. Hes won four giant slalom races on the challenging Birds of Prey course.Not only that, but its an opportunity to forget about the season-opening GS race in Soelden, Austria, in October. He was the favourite, but struggled on the bumpy course and finished 10th. His biggest rival, Marcel Hirscher of Austria, won the event.I think Soelden was going OK — I wasnt going to win — but couldve easily gotten second if I didnt hit a huge rock and lose all my speed and my edge going onto the flats, Ligety said.For years, Ligetys been on a different level than everyone else in the discipline, with some of his competitors even referring to him as Mr. GS. Hes won five World Cup GS titles and, of course, that Olympic gold in Sochi.This season, hes changed his training just to try to stay ahead of his competition. Hes working with a nutritionist and has cut way back on sugar, including ice cream — his weakness.Im just continually building on ways that I feel are the best for getting me faster, Ligety said. Im 30 years old now. Im not super young and a little kid anymore. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
.com) - Fair Grounds commences its road to the Kentucky Derby Saturday with the 71st running of the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. This is the final meeting of the season between these teams.? The Capitals were 5-4 winners in a shootout Oct.Los Angeles, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Steve Mason stopped 37-of-38 shots to help the Philadelphia Flyers steal two points from the Los Angeles Kings in a 2-1 victory Saturday at Staples Center. Claude Giroux and Wayne Simmonds tallied for the Flyers, who finished the California portion of their five-game, cross-continent road trip at 1-1-1. Philadelphia, which completes its travels on Tuesday in Columbus, also snapped a season-high six-game losing skid. We played as a team tonight, the Kings are a really good team and Steve [Mason] had a lot of good saves for us. Its kind of a relief to finally get two points, Giroux said. We wanted that first goal especially against LA, when they get the first goal they are a hard team to catch up to. Getting that goal was huge for us. Justin Williams registered the lone goal and Jonathan Quick made only 14 saves for the Kings, who had blanked Boston, Arizona and Minnesota in their last three victories. Williams potted a rebound from the right side of the crease 4:09 into the third period, capitalizing on a defensive coverage miscue in front of Mason. The Kings were given a prime chance to even the score when Simmonds was cited for a questionable slashing call with 4:51 to play and the hosts had a brief 5-on-3 after R.J. Umberger cleared the puck over the glass. That comeback effort was cut short after Stoll was goaded into a penalty with 1:26 on the clock. Quick was sent to the bench for an extra skater one shift later, but the Flyers had the better chances to the empty net. We werent prepared for the one oclock game today. At the same time, times when youre behind you have a channce to come back and we certainly had our chances to come back to atone for our start of the game, Williams noted. دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
. . We got some shots blocked, they got some clears and the end result was a loss. Each team unleashed seven shots on goal in the games first 20 minutes, but Philadelphia was the only club to solve the opposing netminder. Giroux tallied just 4:35 in, slipping into a seam up the middle with a Mark Streit pass and scoring on a wrister. It was 2-0 for the Flyers at 2:08 of the second as Simmonds managed to slip a puck through Quicks legs from the right side on the back end of a power play created when Stoll went off for slashing. Mason made that lead stand up with flexible goaltending on back-to-back Kings power plays, including closing off the near post as Anze Kopitar partially fanned on a breakaway chance. Jeff Carter later missed a half-open net on a one-timer from the left circle. Mason finished the second with 15 saves and halted 22 pucks through 40 minutes. Game Notes The Flyers claimed their first road win since Oct. 22 at Pittsburgh, having gone 0-7-2 in between ... Mason earned his first win since Nov. 22 vs. Columbus after an 0-3-2 clip ... Mason has stopped 72-of-73 Los Angeles shots in his two road appearances with the Flyers in the last 10 months, leading the Flyers to wins in both games ... Simmonds, who leads Philly with 11 goals, scored in back-to-back games for the second time all season, following a three-game run (5G) from Oct. 9-14 ... Los Angeles lost despite tying a season-low for shots allowed in one game (Oct. 19 vs. Minnesota). دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
دیدن لینک ها برای شما امکان پذیر نیست. لطفا ثبت نام کنید یا وارد حساب خود شوید تا بتوانید لینک ها را ببینید.
' ' '
پاسخ

پرش به انجمن:

کاربرانِ درحال بازدید از این موضوع: 1 مهمان